Monday, March 11, 2013

"Delectable Desserts" Looks Delectable




Delectable Desserts by Wendy Louise and Mary Ann Koopmann is a delightful cookbook of yummy-sounding desserts. I never learned to bake as a child and never really had the desire to learn. So I ordered this book for my daughter-in-law who loves to cook and whose cooking skills are off-the charts. However, when the book arrived, I was captivated by the beautiful, mouth-watering cover and the luscious recipes inside. I like the way the recipes are grouped by month--ensuring that any fruit used is in season. And I was intrigued by the recipes themselves--Fruit Grunt, Cheese Squares, Wild Rice Harvest Cake. Cake made from rice...who knew? I thought how much fun it would be for me to try to make a few simple desserts and surprise everyone. I think I just might have to keep this book for myself and order another one for my daughter-in-law!  5 stars!  (From my Reviews at Amazon.com--Here's the link.  Writing under the name "Avidreader") 

No comments:

Post a Comment